Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Vital Signs

Today I had my first check off for vital signs. For my Health Assessment class, we learn a new task (this week was Vital Signs) and have to be able to assess these values by the end of each week. The first check off included :

Temperature
Pulse
Respiration
Blood Pressure



Reading the temperature was the hardest task for me. We have to practice on the glass thermometers and be able to read them manually. I found it hard to find the line that reads the temperature. After sticking many thermometers in my friends' mouths, I got the hang of it.


So when I went in to practice for my check off today, I practiced on one of the Juniors in the nursing program and after I had practiced on her, she told me that she could sign me off for the week. I was not expecting that, because I had planned to come in later today to complete my check off. I was very grateful, that I could do my "check off" earlier! God has been pouring out grace on me each day! I could not do any of this without Him!

Being in the nursing lab with friends gives me joy. I love learning from them and having fun with them. I'm excited to see how much we'll learn this semester!

4 comments:

Jordan said...

I'm sure you did wonderful with vitals! I can't wait until I'm in the Nursing Program :) Good luck with the rest of your check offs!

Anonymous said...

So cool!! you should take pics of the lab and post them
love,
britt

KK said...

Good job Kellis! You are going to be a great nurse!

DD said...

I am so glad you did well! So you are officially in the nursing program right? someone asked me the other day and I wasn't for sure.