Thursday, July 24, 2008

Everything




Above is one of my favorite worship songs that I first heard at Wednesday night church at LU. This song was written by Tim Hughes. What I love about this song is the lyrics. I want God to be my Everything, I so easily get caught up thinking about myself or being discontent and forget that God should be the main focus of my entire life waking or sleeping. This song really encouraged me this school year and still encourages me today.

Colossians 1:27
"To them God chose to make known how great among the gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

1 Corinthians 10:31
"So, whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all for the glory of God."

(Lyrics)
God in my living
There in my breathing
God in my waking
God in my sleeping
God in my resting
There in my working
God in my thinking
God in my speaking
Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything
God in my hoping
There in my dreaming
God in my watching
God in my waiting
God in my laughing
There in my weeping
God in my hurting
God in my healing
Christ in me
Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
You are everything
Christ in me
Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
Be my everything

2 comments:

TK said...

That was so good! He should be out everything! Thanks for your godliness attitude! God has a special plan for your life and He is going to use you for many things! I respect you Kellis!
love,
mom

DD said...

Love that song! I have never heard it before, thanks for sharing, Kellis!