Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Safety Precautions, Sutures and Wound Care

This semester I am taking Fundamental of Nursing. This past week we learned about making beds, transfering a patient and tying restraints. This week we checked off on safety precautions, sutures and wound care! Chelsea and I had a blast practicing and checking off today in the lab. Here is Chels ready to go into a room that has safety precautions! Who knew there were so many steps to gowning up! This week in lab we also learned how to pull out staples, it wasn't too difficult, they let us practice pulling staples out of a piece of cardboard. The seniors in the program explained that it is a lot easier to pull out staples on a person than cardboard. Last, we learned about wound care. Keeping a sterile field is very important when taking care of a wound, from sterile gloves to sterile instruments. I have learned so much so far and I absolutely love it.

Here is a collage my Mom made! : )

7 comments:

TK said...

How come you don't have gloves on?, cool pics Kel

Anonymous said...

So cool Kell!! I love that you posted all this stuff..keep it coming. Love you!

KK said...

How fun! That's so cool!

Jordan said...

Love the collage! So true about all the steps to putting on a gown! Wow! =] Glad you like it!

Jordan said...

Love the collage! So true about all the steps to putting on a gown! Wow! =] Glad you like it!

Jordan said...

Love the collage! So true about all the steps to putting on a gown! Wow! =] Glad you like it!

DD said...

You know what is so cool is that blogging this will probably help you retain more of what you learn! This was so cool! I especially like Chelsea,she seems funny!