As for my Health Assessment class, I was able to use a friend of mine from Kindergarten for my final exam (Head to Toe assessment). My friend is also a nursing student and I had a blast being able to practice with her.
It is amazing to look back at the beginning of the semester and see how much we have learned. This semester I was able to go to the hospital twice. I absolutely loved being in the hospital. I was nervous about going to the hospital because I had no idea what we would be doing exactly. Our clinical instructor was able to pray with us before we began our day. She was so helpful and always there to answer any of our questions. Our clinical group was on the Renal/Diabetic floor and we were able to do an assessment on our patients. We each had one patient to take care of. The assessment included vitals signs and assessing each system (cardiovascular, respiratory, etc). We were able to practice charting too.
We went into the hopital the first time before Thanksgiving break. The first patient I had was not too alert, so it was easy to be able to take my time assessing each system without the patient being too annoyed with me as a new nursing student. :) It was fun to actually put into practice what we have been learning in the lab. The second time we went into the hospital was after Thanksgiving Break. My patient was a sweet elderly lady who was in the hospital for epistaxis (a really bad nose bleed). I was able to be in the room when the doctor came in to check on her. My heart went out to her because she was in so much pain. I really wanted to pray with her there, but the time didn't seem right. Later on when I went in to check on her, she was still in so much pain that she wasn't talking very much. God gave me the opportunity to ask if I could pray with her and she nodded. Before I left for the day, the lady thanked me for praying with her. I was so blessed! I thank God for the opportunity to pray for his people, and I know God is the ultimate healer! God works in awesome ways and I can't wait to show God's love to others.
Here is a picture of my clinical group. This was our first day at the hospital! These girls are amazing and are going to be wonderful nurses!

Our clinical group went out to celebrate the completion of our Health Assessment class. We had a great time sharing memories and getting to know each other even more.
It was nice to be able to fellowship with these ladies, and next semester some of us will still be in the same clinical group with the same instructor!
God has been so faithful this whole semester and I couldn't have done it without Him!
4 comments:
So PROUD of you Kelly! God is going to use you and I too can't wait to see the ways He will bless you and others!
love,
Mom
I am so excited to see that you finally updated Kelly! Ha Ha Glad to know that you're having fun & loving the hospital! =]
Wow, Kellis! I love when you share...keep blogging. These were great stories! I especially LOVE that you prayed with the lady. I hope my nurse would do that with me. The Lord is going to use you in amazing ways!!! I love you and am proud you are my sister!
great post! loved the pics they turned out great. Love you kellis. miss watching food network with you.
Post a Comment