Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Injections!

Our last check off for this semester was on injections. Each nursing student got a baggy of different medicines (insulin, heprin, etc). These drugs are just for practice. We are allowed to come to the lab and practice on the dummies. I am nervous, but excited to get ready to do this in the hospital.

The little bean bag looking thing and the thing in front of it are what we use to put our injections into. It is suppose to feel like giving an injection to a real person.


Here is my friend Sarah, giving an injection.

Insulin injections


Here is our sharps box! It's very important to NEVER re-cap a needle, cause you risk sticking yourself. : )We will be going to the hospital in about a week. I can't wait to put into practice all that I've learned this year. I pray that God will use all of the Liberty nursing students to be a light to all around us!

5 comments:

TK said...

Love this post Kelly! I can't wait for you to go to the hospital too! You will be a fantastic nurse and you are getting the best training now! I'll be praying for you!
love,
Mommy :)

KK said...

Yah! You are gonna do so well in the hospital! Can't wait to hear your stories!!

Jordan said...

Sounds so exciting Kelly! You'll have to let me know how the hospital goes =]

DD said...

I love the new header! I agree with Mom and Karen's comments!

Unknown said...

I can't even imagine how hard it would be to stick people! I am so excited for you as you finish college and start your career! Very exciting : )!