Friday, May 29, 2009

PCU

School has finally ended! I am so thankful for yet another wonderful year at school . God has been so kind. I absolutely loved clinicals this semester. On the first day of clinicals, when I was walking through the halls I just KNEW that God has called me to be a nurse. I find such joy being in the hospital and interacting with all different kinds of people. And I want to use my job as a nurse to share the gospel and bring God glory.

This semester we worked on the Progressive Cardiac Unit and I loved it. I met so many wonderful people. Our clinicals were from about 2:30-10pm on Mondays. We were each assigned an RN and a patient for the day. The RNs were so kind and patient to teach us things. It was awesome to be able to do the things that we have been learning ALL year. A day consisted of a health assessment of the patient, taking vital signs, glucometer checks, medication administration, etc. Injections were a blast, my teacher was there with me for my first injection. Honestly, I didn't feel nervous at all and the patient was very sweet.

Chels and I before our first 8 hour clinical. I could not have made it through the year without her! My clincial group for the Spring semester (our last day on the PCU). These ladies are going to be amazing nurses! We have made some great memories this semester! After our last clinical, we all went out to eat to celebrate a great semester!

Once again, God is so kind for an amazing year! I am looking forward to next year. Next year we will be going to the hospital two times a week. I will be taking Peds on Mondays and Med-surg on Fridays and also Pharmacology. I'm excited to see what God has in store!

4 comments:

TK said...

How exciting Kelly! You will always be successful if you keep God before You! It's amazing how He leads us to the right profession! Happy end of year!
love,
Mom

Jordan said...

I'm so glad that you love it Kelly!! I can't wait to get into the program & start clinicals! =]

DD said...

I am so glad you have a friend like Chelsea...you guys are going to have great memories together!

Steph said...

Hi there! I found your blog from Jordan's...hope you don't mind if I follow you :-)

I'm getting ready to start my senior year of nursing school and absolutely love it. I work on two intensive care units at a cardiac hospital and absolutely love cardiac care, so this post was right up my alley.

Feel free to stop by any time.