Monday, August 31, 2009

Med-Surg/PEDs orientation!

Last Friday was our Med-Surg orientation. This semester I will be back on the PCU (Progressive Cardiac Unit) for 5 weeks, then I will be on the Diabetic Renal for the last 5 weeks of the semester. I was kinda bummed that I got these two floors because I did clinicals on them last year, but I'm sure it will be a blast. My instructor has some pretty cool things lined up for us on the PCU and maybe even a surgery to watch!! I start Med-Surg clinicals this coming Friday, so keep me in your prayers!


PCUE- Progressive Cardiac Unit, Evening shift ( 2:30pm-10pm)
DRD -Diabetic Renal, Day shift (6:30am-2pm)
SIM- Simulation lab in the LU nursing lab


Also...Today was my Peds orientation. I am SO excited for these clinicals. As you can see, my first clinical does not actually start till Sep 21, so until then there are a lot of pre clinical things I need to work on to prepare for these clinicals.
LS-Laurel School (Special Needs School) 8 hr shift

VBH-D (Virginia Baptist Hospital- Day shift) 8 hr shift


ER (Emergency Room) -8 hr shift

Including these clinical sites, we are also able to pick 3 independent Sites (8 hr shifts) (Intensive Care Nursery, OR, Surgery, Pediatric office, school nurse). I signed up for the Intensive Care Nursery and I have that October 31st. During these clinicals we are there to observe pediatric care. I still need to pick 2 more sites, some of the ones they listed interfere with my classes :(, but they said that we could choose to do clinicals at our hospitals back home, so I might look into that!

Overall, I am a little nervous, yet excited to get back into the hospital and be used by God!

3 comments:

TSK said...

How cool is this Kel! You are going to learn so much this semester! Praying God uses you as you learn so much!
love,
mom

Jordan said...

Sounds SO exciting!! = )

KK said...

So cool and exciting!