Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mother Baby Clinical!!

The second semester has already started!


This Monday I had orientation for my Mother Baby class! We got our schedules for the rest of the semester. And I have clinical THIS weekend! I have a 7:30am-7pm shift Saturday and Sunday and my last one next Saturday! I will have my Labor and Delivery clinical in April! I had my first mother baby class this Tuesday night and I loved it!

(My check off sheet)

This week has been kinda stressful getting all my preclinical assignments done (a couple of worksheets, medication chart, and check offs)! My check off today went really well. For mother baby we have to check off on Foley catheters, Sitz Baths (a basin of hot water that a mother sits in after she has a baby, it's good for hygiene, comfort, and increases circulation), Staple removal, IM injections, Blood pressure, and Medication administration. The senior that checked me off was so nice and encouraging! God has given me a lot of grace to get this all finished before Saturday! I'm really looking forward to this weekend! I hope to learn a lot and to be a light on the Mother Baby unit. I pray that God will use me for His glory this weekend!

3 comments:

TK said...

I'm so J Kelly! I'm so happy for you and know that whatever you do, will be Awesome! You are doing exactly what we told you as a baby! You're using your brian for His Glory! :)
love,
Mommy

DD said...

I am so excited for this clinical! Keep me in the loop!

KK said...

THis willl be a fun rotation!