On Wednesday, the nursing department was participating in a simulation for Virginia Baptist Hospital and Lynchburg General Hospital. About 20 girls from the nursing program participated in the hazmat drill (hazardous material). We were told we were on a bus and got into an accident with a chemical truck. Each of the students got a card that read what happened to them in the accident, so that the people at the hospital could respond with the right medical treatment.
Our scenario was "My feet and legs are burning."
Brittney's was "Victim is unresponsive."
Overall both hospitals did a great job taking care of us. When we got to the hospital they had warm blankets ready for us (it was really cold on Wednesday). Some of the girls were sprayed down because they had "chemicals" (Gatorade) on them, luckily I wasn't one of the ones to be sprayed down! It was interesting to see what the nurses and doctors would do in a situation like this. This simulation was a lot of fun and I hope I'll be able to participate in something like this again!
Brittney's was "Victim is unresponsive."
Overall both hospitals did a great job taking care of us. When we got to the hospital they had warm blankets ready for us (it was really cold on Wednesday). Some of the girls were sprayed down because they had "chemicals" (Gatorade) on them, luckily I wasn't one of the ones to be sprayed down! It was interesting to see what the nurses and doctors would do in a situation like this. This simulation was a lot of fun and I hope I'll be able to participate in something like this again!On Friday night my friend, Hannah, from MD came down to Liberty with her mom. Hannah's Mom was here for alumni weekend. She was amazed at how much LU has changed since she graduated. On Friday night we walked around campus, then Hannah was able to stay in my dorm for the night.
Below is a picture of Hannah and me with Michael Tait (singer from DC talk). He was staying at the same hotel as Hannah and her mom. DC talk was the first CD I owned. He was a really nice guy and did the half time show for LU's football game.
On Saturday, we went to the Vines Center (below) and watched a volleyball game. 
Of course we had to walk through the tunnel.
Then we walked around Demoss (main building for classes). The Nursing Department is also located in Demoss. 
Hannah is a freshman, studying nursing also! I had a blast showing her around the nursing lab! I really enjoyed having them here at LU.
Below is a picture of Hannah and me with Michael Tait (singer from DC talk). He was staying at the same hotel as Hannah and her mom. DC talk was the first CD I owned. He was a really nice guy and did the half time show for LU's football game.
On Saturday, we went to the Vines Center (below) and watched a volleyball game. 
Of course we had to walk through the tunnel.
Then we walked around Demoss (main building for classes). The Nursing Department is also located in Demoss. 
Hannah is a freshman, studying nursing also! I had a blast showing her around the nursing lab! I really enjoyed having them here at LU.Here are some fun pictures that we took on our way to the football game!
Hannah's sister Lauren drove up on Saturday with her friend, Rachel, who graduated from LU this past May. It is such a small world!
Liberty University Football Game!
After the game, we all went to Doc's Diner (on campus), it is dedicated to Jerry Falwell Sr. How kind of God for such a great weekend with friends!

Hannah's sister Lauren drove up on Saturday with her friend, Rachel, who graduated from LU this past May. It is such a small world!
Liberty University Football Game!
After the game, we all went to Doc's Diner (on campus), it is dedicated to Jerry Falwell Sr. How kind of God for such a great weekend with friends!
7 comments:
what a fun weekend! the croby girls are beautiful! hurry up and learn about the tummy Kel, we may one day know what a Marguy is!!!
I love this post! I love your BIG bag too! Also that harzard mock trial sounded so cool! What great experience for you! Looks like you had fun with Hannah. Is she from Mechanicsburg or Gaithersburg?
SO FUN!!!
How fun! The hazmat drill sounds really fun and interesting. I remember through my vo-tech classes about hazmat. Love your rainboots by the way, very cute! :)
wow...you have some amazing pics here! Looks like a fun filled weekend! Love you!
It looks like you had so much fun this weekend! I really love your blog. I am so glad you are enjoying college so much! That bus accident simulation sounds cool and I am so thankful that you weren't one of the ones that had to be sprayed down : )!
Your hazmat drill looked so cool...learning hands on
Love your boots
Looks like you are loving college life ---i have two years before i get nervous that my baby may go away aghhhh
Post a Comment