Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Nursing Ribbon Ceremony

Yesterday night was our official ribbon ceremony for the Sophomores and Junior Nursing Students. Sophomores received blue ribbons and the Juniors received red ribbons. The teachers called us all by name and lit a candle. (I am not too fond of fire and the candles made me a little nervous). Once everyone had their candles lit we sang a song that we have been practicing in our Health Assessment class. It was a great ceremony! The sophomore class has 116 students, 9 of them which are guys.
Here is a picture of Chelsea and me. We are in the same clinical groups this year. The next picture is Megan, Jordan, Steph, and I. This group of girls and I constantly studied for Pathophysiology together last semester. It's so great to see how far we have all come since last year! We have been waiting for this moment!

8 comments:

Jordan said...

Aww very cute! Looked like fun :) You all look so cute and professional!

DD said...

Oh how exciting Kelly!! I love the pics...especially the one of you with the large group. you like you are in choir! Are you wearing crocs!?

Anonymous said...

So cool!! I'm glad they didn't light your hair on fire! HA HA.

TK said...

Kelly I'm so excited for you! I always wanted to be a nurse too! You and KK do me proud :)

KK said...

Great pics! You guys look too cute! I too am happy your hair didn't catch on fire from the candles....LOL!

KK said...

Where is the ribbon???

[Kelly] said...

ooo i'll have to take a pic of the ribbon!

MOMMYXTHREE said...

oh wow I love it. what a cool ceremony :)